DPAS 670 - Masters Clinical Research Spring 2016: Welcome
DPAS 670 Masters Clinical Research
Library Session Objectives
Students will be able to:
1. Use our Library website to access relevant resources and request help.
2. Search efficiently and effectively in PubMed and CINAHL.
3. Manage search results in RefWorks.
4. Insert in-text citations and create a Reference List with Write-N-Cite.
5. Use a template to create a poster for presentation of research.
Introduction to the Library Web Site
The HSL has a robust collection of online resources to support your academic career, including journals, books, multimedia, and databases.
Click here to view an introduction to the Health Sciences Library web site.
Mon May 2 LIB Rooms 222c (Group 1) & 220 (Group 2)
1. Quick review of Health Sciences Library website and services / Questions?
2. Searching PubMed - MeSH, filters
3. Accessing article full text, including Inter-Library Loan (ILLiad)
4. Introduction to RefWorks & citation management
Mon May 9 LIB 222c (Group 1)
Wed May 11 LIB 222c (Group 2)
Mon May 16 LIB 222c (Group 1)
Wed May 18 LIB 220 (Group 2)
1. Review poster presentation template and example.
2. Continue research and save references to RefWorks.
3. Questions & Librarian Help!