Interlibrary Loan Information: Requesting an article via Interlibrary Loan
Ask Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan Department
Learn about ILL Policies and Procedures at:
Resource Sharing Manager
Laura Schlueter, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I submit an Interlibrary Loan request?
To submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request:
1. Search the library website for the article/book you desire, and go to the abstract.
2. If the article is not available via a free full text, PMC Full Text, or Open Access follow the "Owned by Upstate" link
3. From the holdings page, if Upstate does not own the article or book, click "Request this item via Interlibrary Loan"
* If you are New York State Library (NYSL) eligible, click "Check the New York State Library (NYSL)" first. If you're not sure if you're eligible, see the Borrower's Card Application tab.
4. This link will auto-populate the ILL request form. It's very important to include as many details as possible. Important fields: Title, Journal Title, Year, pages, PMID, ISSN or ISBN. When you've entered all the details, click submit.