Mobile Resources : HSL Mobile Apps
New UpToDate Anywhere
- Easy access from any computer/mobile device anywhere with internet access
- Free continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD) when you research a clinical question
- Bi-weekly clinical update with selected What’s New and Practice Changing UpDates
Get Registered— it’s easy:
Log in to UpToDate in one of the following ways
1. Navigate to www.UpToDate.com from any computer or device connected to SUNY Upstate’s network and click the Log in/Register link in the upper right hand corner.
3. Off-campus Access is available through the Health Science Library. When you access UpToDate under quick links you will be required to enter your Upstate credentials.
Your account is linked to your Upstate affiliation. To keep your account active, simply login through the institution’s network at least once every 90 days.
Health Sciences Library Point of Care Apps
Evidence-based resources for quick reference at the point-of-care
- Quick Lessons providing disease and condition overviews
- Evidence-Based Care Sheets
- Patient education handouts
- Point-of-care drug information
- AHFS Drug Information Essentials
Institutional subscription is required. Link to install app instructions
- AAFP Conditions A-Z (2015)
- AHFS Drug Information® (2015)
- Kaplan & Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry - 11th Ed. (2015)
- Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice - 10th Ed. (2014)
- Merck Manual Of Diagnosis and Therapy, The - 19th Ed. (2011)
- Perinatal Nursing - 4th Ed. (2014)
Institutional subscription is required. Link to Install app instructions
New DynaMed Plus
DynaMed Plus Enhanced version of DynaMed!
DynaMed Plus™ Features video
- Updated daily
- ACP reviewed and approved topics for point of care
- Thousands of graphics and Images
Upstate Medical University Faculty, Staff, Students, and affiliated users access the VisualDx subscription database via the Health Sciences Library
- Link to the database
- Pull down the Get VisualDx Mobile menu
- Register to create your own username and password for the mobile app
- Download the free app
Point of Care Apps created at Upstate!
- A wheel you can pinch, rotate and zoom, similar to the paper wheels!
- Calendar calculator to determine EDD (EDC) from LMP or sonogram report, provides gestational age (EGA)
- Best practice guidelines on reconciling due dates from LMP and sonograms from recent ACOG committee opinions
Created by Joshua D. Steinberg, MD and HeeRak Kang MS2
Recommended by iMedicalApps as one of the 10 Best Medical Apps released in February & March 2015.
- Who needs bloodwork before surgery?
- Who needs an EKG or a CXR?
- How do I handle patients on Warfarin, Aspirin, and Clopidogrel?
- Which patients are recommended to get perioperative B-blockers or statins?
- Which active cardiac conditions preclude surgery?
- How long after MI should a patient wait before surgery?
- Who needs bridging Heparin therapy, and which Heparin might I use?
Based upon the guidelines from the American College of Cardiology of 2014, the European Society of Anaesthesiology of 2011, the American Society of Anesthesiologists 2012, the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement of 2014, the American College of Chest Physicians of 2008 & 2012, (additional references in the app).
Many Evidence-based Point-of-Care Apps for education and clinical practice were developed by Joshua Steinberg, MD and the SUNY Binghamton Department of Computer Science (Link to a list of apps)
Link to the UpstateOnline article featuring Dr. Joshua Steinberg
Free software Apps listed above and additional Apps developed by Dr. Steinberg are available on itunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/joshua-steinberg-md/id374154837 (Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.)
Apps on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Joshua+Steinberg+MD