Writing & Publishing Support: EndNote
EndNote is a software application that allows you to find, store, create and share research.
- A library of citations with links to full-text or PDFs of articles.
- Bibliographies (a list of references) in any citation style format using Word.
- Search online databases right from EndNote.
- Import citations from the Upstate library's resources.
How to use EndNote in 5 minutes (Windows)
How to Use EndNote in 6 Minutes (Mac)
This video provides what you need to give you a fast start on using EndNote for Macintosh users.
Download EndNote (Upstate users only)
If you are OFF CAMPUS, please contact a Librarian at email@example.com to assist with the installation files.
To install EndNote on a PC:
You will need a program to unzip the file after downloading. If you do not have one, there are several available for free online.
- Download the "EndNote X8 (Windows ZIP)" file on the IMT Software Downloads page.
- Right-click EndNote8_PC and select "Explore".
- You should see an "endnote" folder or two files:
- Right-click ENX8Inst.msi, and select "install" *These files must remain together in the folder*
- If asked "do you want to run..." click the "run" button.
- When the installer runs, use the default options, except select "accept license agreement" when prompted. (You should see the installer pre-set with Upstate's serial number.)
- Click "finish" to close the installer.
- Now you can use EndNote
To install EndNote on a Mac:
- Save/download EndNote X8 (Mac) to your Mac